The New Village School admissions process is lengthy and purposeful. It will provide you with many opportunities to have questions addressed and will give everyone involved plenty of time to learn more about one another. If you have any questions during the process, please don't hesitate to reach out to Alexis Cohen, M.A. She can be reached at email@example.com or 415-289-0889.
Please scroll down this entire page. We have included here many things you should know.
STEPS WE TAKE
After a parent has expressed interest in the New Village School, they can expect the following events to take place:
- Parents/guardians interested in learning more about New Village School need to attend an Open House and/or a School Tour and complete a short inquiry form. Click here to submit an inquiry.
- The interested family will complete an online application or request a PDF version to print out at home. // In addition, you will need to request a PDF of either a Student Evaluation Form for K-1st Grade or a Student Evaluation Form for Grades 2-8, print it, and hand it to one of your child's current teachers with a stamped and addressed envelope to our school. To receive the form you need: firstname.lastname@example.org. // The $75 application fee should be sent in the mail after the application is submitted. Click here to complete an application. The priority admissions application due date for the 2019-20 school year is Friday, January 25, 2019 by midnight. For all high school applicants, please email email@example.com.
- Members of the teaching team will meet with both the child and parents in an age-appropriate conversational exchange.
- If the school chooses to continue, the admissions office will schedule three consecutive (3) visiting days for the child in the classroom. This step is not required for children entering Kindergarten or 1st grade.
- If the school chooses to continue, the admissions team (i.e., one or two current parents) will meet with the interested parents for an informal conversation.
- Families applying for the next school year will be notified of the admissions decision on Wednesday, March 13, 2019, at noon for Kindergarten and Wednesday, March 20, 2019, at noon for Grades 1-8. New enrollment agreements and deposits are due Wednesday, March 20, 2019, at 10:00 a.m. for Kindergarten and Thursday, March 28, 2019, at 10:00 a.m. for Grades 1-8.
- If the family is applying after the initial admissions decisions have been made, or for a mid-year entry, applicants will be notified within one week after completing the admissions process.
SCHOOL TOURS + OPEN HOUSES
The first step to learning more about the New Village School is to come and visit us at a School Tour and Open House. Our School Tours are on Fridays and provide an opportunity to see the school in action. This is a unique learning environment and is best experienced in-person. Our Open Houses are held on Saturdays during which you will learn about our philosophy while meeting our teaching team. Please RSVP by calling (415) 289-0889 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and click here to complete a brief inquiry form.
Tours are Fridays from 8:30 am to 10:00 am
- September 14, 2018
- October 19, 2018
- November 16, 2018
- December 7, 2018
- January 11, 2019
Open Houses are Saturdays from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm
- October 20, 2018
- December 8, 2018
- January 12, 2019
This application is just one step in the process to get to know your child and your family. At the New Village School, we believe that all of the adults in a child’s life are the “teachers.” The relationships we all establish – parents, teachers and children – are an important part in setting the tone for the child’s learning experience. The information you provide will help us embark on this path.
TUITION, GRADES AVAILABLE + POLICY
Tuition and Fees
Tuition for 2017-2018 academic year is $16,590. Tuition for 2018-2019 academic year is $17,450. We know that families with multiple children appreciate a sibling discount. After paying full tuition for the oldest child, the New Village School extends a 10% sibling discount.
Should you need to address questions around tuition and other costs of the school, please email Meinir Davies, our head of school, at email@example.com.
We are fully enrolled for the 2017-2018 academic year. However, circumstances sometimes change and openings become available. If so, we offer a rolling admissions process. Please inquire about room in our K-12 classes. We offer a one and two-year Kindergarten program. We would like children to be 4 years, 6 months old by June 1 before the fall admission to be considered for our Kindergarten. We have found that children who will be turning 7 sometime during the school year are best able to fully experience and enjoy 1st Grade.
As part of our commitment to social justice, we actively seek and celebrate a diverse range of students and staff. The New Village School welcomes all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, family structure, national or ethnic origin or religion.
When are applications due?
Priority applications for the 2018-19 school year are due by Friday, January 25, 2019 by midnight. For mid-year admits, the New Village School has a rolling admissions policy and will accept applications at any time during the school year for consideration for our wait list.
For what grades are you accepting applications?
Presently, our grades are fully enrolled. Each year, most of our openings are in Kindergarten. Yet, from time to time, we do get openings in specific grades. Please inquire for this school year and next year.
When will we be notified of our admission decision?
In line with the Bay Area Directors of Admission (BADA) common mailing date, decision letters will be sent in mid March. If applying after the priority application deadline, or for a mid-year entry, you will be notified within one week from completing the Admissions Process. As a BADA member school, New Village observes "quiet week" for the week prior to the enrollment deadline. During this time, schools agree not to initiate contact with families, but rather to allow parents to focus on the decision-making process. You are of course welcome to reach out to us at any time.
Is there a school uniform?
No. But cleanliness, neatness, and simplicity are the objectives of the dress code.
What are the hours for the school day?
School hours are 8:30 a.m. – 3:20 p.m.
Is there aftercare?
Aftercare is available until 5:30 p.m. Monday – Friday. Read more about aftercare here.